Terms and Condition
.Conditions of use of Linked by Road
Warning ! You are entering into a legally binding agreement.
Last updated October 20, 2016
We are a social network and an online platform for enthusiasts of the road.
Linked by Road’s mission is to connect fans around the world to improve and facilitate their contacts. Our services are designed to promote the activities of our members by allowing you and millions of other enthusiasts to meet, exchange ideas, learn and share activities under a trusted relationship network.
When using our services you are entering into a contract you agree to all the conditions.
You agree that by clicking on “Sign in” “Register Linkedbyroad”, “Register” or similar button in registering, accessing or using our services, you enter into a binding contract (even if you use our services on behalf of a company). Whether you live in the US or outside the United States, you conclude this contract with Linked by Road.
Users of our services are registered “members” and unregistered users are “visitors”. This contract applies to both two.
2.1. Right to Service
Some of the promises that you are making as part of this contract:
You have the capacity to conclude this contract and you have “the minimum age. “
To use the services, you agree to the following conditions: (1) you have “minimum age” (defined below) or more; (2) you hold one account with Linked by Road, to be your real name; and (3) Linked by Road has not prohibited the use of its services.
“Minimum age” means (a) 18 for the PRC, (b) 16 years in the Netherlands, (c) 14 years for the United States, Canada, Germany, Spain, Australia and South Korea, and (d) 13 years for all other countries. However, in the event that the law would require you to be older indicated that Linked by Road legally provide the services (including collection, storage and use of your data), the minimum age would be that stipulated by law. Services are in no way intended for anyone under 13 years.
2.2. your membership
You will keep your secret password.
You will not share an account with another person and you respect our rules and the law.
However, with regard to the relationship between you and another person, your account is yours. You agree to: (1) select a strong and secure password; (2) protect the confidentiality of your password; (3) does not transfer or portions of your account (such as relationships, groups) and (4) comply with law and the rules described in the article “Do’s and Don’ts” below. You are responsible for all use of your account unless you do clôturiez or you report abuse.
You will discharge your obligations for payment and you agree that we store your payment information. Fees and taxes may be added to our rates.
We do not guarantee repayment.
If you buy one of our paid services ( “Premium Services”), you agree to pay us the applicable fees and taxes. Any default in payment of these fees will result in termination of your subscription. In addition :
Depending on the location of your transaction, foreign exchange transaction costs or different prices (eg exchange rates) may be applicable to your purchase.
You authorize us to store your payment method (such as a credit card) and continue billing with it even after it expires, to prevent interruption of your service (eg subscriptions) and facilitate payment of new services.
It is your responsibility to pay us all charges and taxes unless you cancel the Premium service. If this is the case, you agree to pay all these fees until the end of the current subscription period.
Taxes are calculated based on the billing information you provide at the time of purchase.
You can get a copy of your invoice via your preferences Linked by Road in the “history of your purchases.”
2.4. Mail notifications and service
You agree that we use our websites, applications and e-mails to send important notifications. This agreement also applies to mobile applications. You agree that some additional information can be shared with us.
If the contact information you have provided is not up to date, these notifications may not reach you.
You agree that we communicate you notifications through the following means: (1) a notification banner on the service, or (2) e-mail sent to the address you have provided, or (3) other means including your mobile phone number, phone or mail. You agree to update your contact information.
Please consult your LinkedbyRoad.com preferences to control and limit the types of messages you receive from us.
2.5. Messages and sharing
When you share information, such information can be viewed, copied and used by others.
Our services allow you to send messages and share information in multiple ways including through your profiles, slide sets, links to newspaper articles, ads, and blogs RoadMails. The information and content you share or publish can be seen by other members and visitors, if the information is public. When you have the ability to control your preferences, we respect your choices for the visibility of your content and your information (eg limit the visibility of your profile, not telling anyone when you edit your profile, give recommendations).
We have no obligation to publish information or content on our service. We may remove any information or content in our sole discretion, with or without notice.
- Rights and restrictions
3.1. Your licensing to Linked by Road
You have all the content, feedback and all the personal data you provide, but you also grant us a non-exclusive license to use them.
We respect your choices about the visibility of your information and content.
You agree not to provide us with information and content that you have the right to share and have a Linked by Road truthful profile.
Regarding relations between Linked by Road and you, you have ownership of the content and information you submit or publish as part of the services and you grant Linked by Road non-exclusive license following: a worldwide, transferable and may give rise to the grant of a sub-license to use, copy, modify, distribute, publish and process data and content you provide through our service, without further permission, notice and / or financial compensation to you or other third parties. These rights are restricted as follows:
You may terminate this license for specific content by deleting the content of the services, or rule by closing your account, (a) except in connection with the services you have shared it with other people who copied or stored, (b) subject to a reasonable time necessary to eliminate backup and other systems.
We will ask your permission if we want to give to others the right to publish your messages out of service. However, the other members and / or visitors can access your content and your data and share them, according to your preferences and your level of relationship with them.
Although it can happen to us to modify your content or layout (eg by translating, modifying its size, disposition or file type, removing metadata), we will not change the direction of your expression.
As your content and information belongs to you and that we have only non-exclusive rights, you can choose to make them available to other persons, including under a Creative Commons license.
By submitting suggestions or feedback on services to Linked by Road, you agree that we may use and share (not necessarily do) this feedback for any purpose and without offering you financial compensation.
You agree to provide only information and content within the law or the rights of others (eg does not infringe intellectual property rights or does not derogate from any contractual obligation). Similarly, you guarantee the veracity of the information in your profile. Under the law of some countries, Linked by Road may be forced to remove content and information.
3.2. Accessibility of services
You can change or suspend any service. We can not guarantee you that we will store or continue to display any information or content you have published.
We may modify, suspend or terminate all services, or change their prices potentially at our discretion. To the extent permitted by law, these changes will take effect once you have been notified.
3.3. Other sites, content and applications
You see and use at your own risk on third party content published on our services.
Others market their own products and services via Linked by Road. We are not responsible for the activities of such third parties.
While using the Services, you may experience inaccurate information or content, partial, delayed, misleading, illegal, offensive or damaging elsewhere. Generally, LinkedbyRoad does not reread the content posted by its members. You agree that we are not responsible for the information and third of the content (including other members), and we assume no responsibility for damages incurred due to the use or the trust you have granted.
We have the right to restrict the way you connect and interact on our services.
We inform you of our rights in intellectual property.
Linked by Road reserves the right to limit your use of the Services, including the number of your relationships and your ability to contact other members. Linked by Road reserves the right to restrict, suspend or terminate your account if we believe you are violating this Agreement or the law or your use of the services is abusive (for example if you violate the rules of the section to do and not to do).
Linked by Road reserves all of its intellectual property related services. Thus, Linked by Road, Linked by Road (stylized), logos Linked by Road and all other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with Linked by Road are trademarks or registered trademarks of Linked by Road. Other marks and logos used in connection with the services may belong to other parties.
- Disclaimer and Limitation of Liability
4.1. No Warranty
This is our disclaimer as to the quality, safety or reliability of our services.
TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, LINKEDBYROAD (AND THOSE WITH WHOM LINKEDBYROAD COLLABORATE TO PROVIDE SERVICES) (A) NOT RESPONSIBLE OR IMPLIED REPRESENTATIONS (FOR EXAMPLE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ACCURACY OF DATA AND NON-INFRINGEMENT); (B) DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE SERVICE WILL OPERATE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR IS SUBJECT, AND (C) PROVIDES THE SERVICE (INCLUDING THE CONTENT AND THE INFORMATION) “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” .
BECAUSE SOME DISCLAIMERS ARE NOT PERMITTED BY LAW, SO ALL THE EXCLUSION OR CERTAIN OF THEM DO NOT APPLY TO YOU.
Restrictions on our legal liability to you.
TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW (AND UNLESS LINKEDBYROAD Do HAS ENTERED INTO AN AGREEMENT AND DISTINCT REVOKE REPLACE THIS AGREEMENT), LINKEDBYROAD (AND THOSE WITH WHOM LINKEDBYROAD COLLABORATE TO PROVIDE SERVICES) SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU OR OTHERS FOR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, OR FOR ANY LOSS OF DATA, OPPORTUNITY, GOODWILL, PROFITS OR RELATED SERVICES (SUCH STATEMENTS OR OFFENSIVE DEFAMATORY, DURATION OF INTERRUPTION OR LOSS, THE USE OR ALTERATION OF YOUR CONTENT OR YOUR INFORMATION).
IN NO EVENT SHALL THE LIABILITY OF LINKEDBYROAD (AND THOSE COLLABORATING WITH LINKEDBYROAD TO PROVIDE SERVICES) IN ITS ENTIRETY FOR ANY CLAIM EXCEED THE SUM THE LEAST IMPORTANT OF THE FOLLOWING TWO AMOUNTS: (A) FIVE TIMES THE MONTHLY FEES OR ANNUAL MOST RECENT PRICE PAID BY YOU FOR A PREMIUM SERVICE, IF ANY, OR (B) 1000 USD.
THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY TO THE BARGAIN BETWEEN YOU AND BASIC LINKEDBYROAD AND APPLIES TO ALL DAMAGES OF APPLICATIONS (SUCH WARRANTY, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, CONTRACT LAW), EVEN IF ADVISED OF LINKEDBYROAD L POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, EVEN IF SUCH REMEDIES FAIL OF THEIR RESPONSIBILITY ULTIMATE PURPOSE.
SOME LAWS DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY, SO THESE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
We can each terminate the contract at any time.
You can and Linked by Road terminate this Agreement at any time by giving notice to the other party. Upon termination, you lose the right of access to or use of services. The following provisions shall survive termination:
our rights to the use and disclosure of your feedback;
the rights of members and / or visitors to share new information and content that you posted as part of the service to the extent that they have been copied and shared prior to termination;
Articles 4, 6 and 7 of the contract;
Any amount owed by either party prior to termination remains due after termination.
Please visit our Help Center to learn how to close your account Linked by Road.
- Dispute resolution
The jurisdiction is in Lausanne Switzerland
- Conditions General
important details on how to read the contract.
If a court having jurisdiction over this Agreement decides that one or more clauses are not enforceable, you and we agree that the court alters while preserving their purpose. If the court is not able to do it, you and we agree to ask the court to remove the unenforceable part and implement the rest of the contract. To the extent permitted by law, the English version of this contract is mandatory while other translations are provided only all purposes. This agreement (including any other conditions we could submit you if you were using a feature service) is the only agreement between us regarding the Services and supersedes all previous contracts for services.
If we fail to act following a violation of the contract, it does not mean that Linked by Road waives its rights under this contract. You may not assign or transfer this Agreement (or your membership or use services) to anyone without our consent. However, you agree that Linked by Road assigns this agreement to its affiliates or to a purchaser without your consent. This contract contains no stipulation for another.
We reserve the right to change the terms of this contract and we will notify you if this is the case. We accept that the changes can not be retroactive. If you disagree with these changes, you must stop using the services.
You agree that the addresses mentioned in Article 10 are the only way to provide us with a legal notice.
- “DO and DO NOT” for Members Linked by Road “
8.1. To do. You agree:
- comply with all applicable laws, including, without limitation, laws regarding the protection of privacy, laws relating to intellectual property rights, laws related to unsolicited e-mails, the control laws of exports, tax laws and regulatory requirements;
- to provide accurate information and to update them;
- use your real name on your profile;
- use the Services in a professional manner.
8.2. Not to do. You agree not to:
- act dishonestly or unprofessional, including publishing inappropriate content, inaccurate or objectionable;
- add or inaccurate content that is not intended to be in an appropriate field (eg by entering a phone number in the “title” field or any other field or inserting phone numbers, email addresses -mail, postal addresses or any personally identifiable information why Linked by Road does not provide field);
- use a profile photo that is not like you or a close-up photo;
- create a false identity on Linked by Road;
- misrepresent your qualifications and previous or current positions;
- misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity in the past or at present;
- misrepresent your identity, including but not limited to use a pseudonym;
- create a member profile for anyone other than yourself (a real person);
- invite people you do not know to connect on Linked by Road,
- use or attempt to use the account of another person;
- nag, criticize another person or harm;
- send spam or other unsolicited communications to other members;
- copy or make the web scraping profiles and data of others by any means (including crawlers, external navigation and accessory modules and other technology or any physical work);
- take unlawful action, defamatory, abusive, obscene, discriminatory or otherwise objectionable;
- disclose information that you do not have the right to communicate (such as data on personal character of other people);
- violating intellectual property rights of others, concerning in particular patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary right;
- violating intellectual property rights or other rights of Linked by Road, including, without limitation, the use of the word “Linked by Road” or any of our logos as trade name, email address or web except as described in the regulations on branding;
- use Linked by Road invitations to send messages to people who do not know you or who are unlikely to identify you as a known contact;
- publish any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid,” or any other form of solicitation that Linked by Road does not allow;
- send messages to distribution lists, aliases discussion forum or group alias;
publish anything that contains viruses, worms or any other malicious code;
- manipulate identifiers to disguise the origin of any publication or any message sent through services;
- create profiles or provide content that promotes escort-girl services, or prostitution;
- create or operate a pyramid or fraud or other similar practice;
- copy or use the information, content or data of others available on services (except as expressly permitted);
- copy or use the information, content or data on Linked by Road in relation to a competing service (as determined by Linked by Road);
- copy, modify or create derivative works of Linked by Road services or any other related technology (except as expressly permitted by Linked by Road);
- reverse-engineer, decompile, disassemble, decrypt or generally try to get the source code services or related technology, or any part thereof;
- imply or declare that you are affiliated with or sponsored by Road Linked without our express consent (eg impersonate an authorized trainer Linked by Road);
- rent, lease, loan, sell / resell access to services or information or related data;
sell, sponsor or generally monetize a Linked by Road group or any other functionality of services without the consent of Linked by Road;
- create deep links to our services for any purpose other than promoting your profile or group of Linked by Road (as described in the regulations on branding;
- remove any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices appearing on or in our service;
- delete, hide or obscure any advertisements included in services;
- collect, use, copy or transfer any information obtained from Linked by Road without its consent;
- share or disclose the information to others without their express consent;
- use software, appliances, coding manuals robots or automatons or other means to access, “decompose” “analyze” or “index” services or any data or related information;
- use computer bots or other automated means to access the services, add or download contacts, send or redirect messages;
- monitor the availability, performance or functionality of services for competitive purposes;
- use the technique of “framing” “mirroring” or generally simulate the appearance or operation of services;
- access services otherwise than through explicit interfaces offered by Linked by Road, including its mobile applications, LinkedbyRoad.com;
- circumvent any security feature services;
- disrupt the operation of services or impose a disproportionate burden on them (eg spam, denial-of-service attack, virus, game algorithm);
- Complaints Content
We demand that members publish accurate information that does not violate the intellectual property rights of others. We have a policy and complaint procedure concerning content posted by our members.
- How to contact us
If you want to send notifications and acts of judicial procedure, please contact us:
ONLINE at: email@example.com
OR BY MAIL to:
Linked by Road
C/O fastnet SA
40 Rue des Jordils